Saturday, July 5, 2008

Texas

Well, here we are again. Back in Texas just in time for the heat of the summer. It has only been a week and I am ready to return to Vermont. It has been great seeing everyone though, and Seth has really enjoyed Kaia and Nabil.

Thursday, after the Wednesday night sleepover with Kaia, we all--Nic, Kacy, Seth, Kaia, and I-- went to Lake Ray Roberts and swam ALL day. The kids had a great time and we were all worn out by the end of the day. And, although we all wore SPF 45, redness did occur--especially on myself. I did find out, from the internet, that vinegar greatly reduces the color of the burn.. something I would never have guessed.

Last night, of course, was the fireworks. I missed being at someones house, either in Nebraska or Eagle Mountain Lake, but Denton put on a pretty good show. We found a nice place across from the rec center. The kids had a great time running around. We even played a game of chinese freeze tag after the show.

No comments: