Tuesday, February 17, 2009

making a dress form: part 1


A few days ago I decided I really wanted to make a 1950's bathing suit. The only problem was that I did not have a dress form. So, I got online and found a website that showed how to make one yourself.
Last night Kacy and I started what we felt would be a 1 hour project of covering my torso in duct tape. We would be doing this in order to make a dress form casing which we would then fill with foam insulation. It ended up taking about 3 hours! It got pretty uncomfortable at times, but I believe it will be well worth it. Here are some pictures of the process:
We added Chicken Wire to keep the body from changing shape when we filled it with foam. It was extremely uncomfortable, but it made for good effect. Nic even made me a duct tape face mask so that I could pretend I was in a Woody Allen film :)

No comments: