Thursday, June 19, 2008

Packing up for the summer

Things feel a little crazy to me lately. We signed our new lease yesterday and I couldn't be more excited, yet it feels permanent now. That makes me homesick. I miss my room; a room that will not even stay the same upon my returns. I was allowed to do so much to it-- the lack of freedom in a rental house will seem restricting. But, I am happy. I love it here, and the house is wonderful.
Moving is still going slow and we have a lot to get done by this weekend. Nic takes things too slowly, and I wish that I could be the one to cancel all the services and talk to the landlord about looking at the place for damages. We leave in 5 days and none of that has been done. Oh well, I have to tell myself that it is not my problem.
Doing the one thing that I can do, I have planned our trip home. We will be stopping in Tennessee in the Great Smoky Mountains for a night, maybe two. I am looking forward to the long drive home. Seems crazy, but it will be a nice rest. Seth usually does well in the car--hopefully this trip is no different.
When we come back there will be a nice routine and maybe we can get on track again.

No comments: