Monday, September 22, 2008

Hello Birthdays, Goodbye OB1

This week too has flown by. OB1 ended with a presentation, a group paper, and a critical incident report. My team and I did an awesome job presenting if I say so myself! We started off introducing an activity where we blindfolded the participants and had them form a square while holding onto a rope. To make things more interesting we removed 5 people from the group, without the participants knowledge, and had them observe. The activity was an example of experiential learning. I could go on with all the details, but I would really rather not :-)

Seth's party on Sunday was a blast. While SIT students for the most part were still writing critical incident papers, a few of them took a break and had fun with the kids. A lot of people equaled a lot of fun! We played Fox and Chickens, had a sack race, and ate lots of yummy food! And we beat to death a pinata--although it took some effort.

It seems that Seth has a crush on a little girl named Lucy. He told me as I was making out invitations, "Mama, will you invite Lucy? She is only 4, but we play art together". At his party, I go to meet Lucy. She is very cute and vaguely resembles Kaia. He did a great job of capturing her attention too. He climbed a tree, scratched up his arms a bit, and then introduced her to Wilbur saying "Come see MY dog!". He was pretty cute.


Today is Nic's birthday and he has been at Marlboro all day. We took him out to Panasian last night to celebrate. Like always, the food was yummy :)

No comments: